Tuesday 7 February 2017

The Launch Of The 8th SRC Week Celebration


    This is arguably the best program I have attended on campus so far. I must not mince words but say a very big thank you to the SRC for such a wonderful program. A man who is quick to criticize, Should be quick to commend when the need arises else he becomes a hypocrite. I can say comfortably that I'm not a hypocrite.

  Apart from the low turn out at beginning of the program, everything turned out great at the end. The MC was on point. I must confess, H. E DARY BAWA TAMINU, the SRC president of UDS_TlC has mastered the craft of speech delivery. His welcome address was superb and reassuring. It gave me a certain vibe that he might still be able to carry out at least some of the promises he made to student populace.

  The theme "Forging a synergy with the cooperate world to curb graduate unemployment" couldn't have been better especially at this particular point in time where the cry of every discerning graduate is how to get employed. Prof Agnes Apusigah, the Dean of Faculty of Education did justice to the subject matter of theme. She provided extensive knowledge on how this synergy could be forged. She stated quite clearly that the Cooperate world yearns for creativity and innovativeness. Competition has become the normal in today's global world. So it is imperative for the individual to add value to what ever qualification he/she has. Read wide, broaden your horizon. Do not only read materials concerning your profession or field of study. She added.  I enjoyed every bit of her presentation. Her presentation was so insightful and inspirational. May the Almighty bless her with more knowledge and a long life. More grease to her elbows.

  One of my favorite moments of the program was the cultural performance and the  poetry recital. As an indigen of Dagbon, I got goose bumps as I watched the cultural performance. I began to tap my feet. In fact, I almost got up to join the dance but for the formal nature of the program, I had to keep my cool. It was a marvelous sight to behold.

  To the poetry recital: to be honest, I can't coin words to describe the feeling I had. I don't know whether I should called it an ecstasy or an intellectual orgasm. There's something about poetry, it not just about the words but the emotions behind those words. The meticulousness involved in beautifully crafting words, amazingly  interweaving and interlacing words to make meaning. When they opened their mouths, words filed out like ants in forms and formations, they crafted beautiful sentences that carried powerful messages and ignited smiles on the faces of many. I was just beaming with smiles. I have succeeded in writing a number poems myself but I haven't developed the skill and tactfulness of reciting them. IM SAANI and MALIK, thanks for your beautiful poetry recital.  I bow to you. You made my day!

In a recap, if you didn't make it to the launch of the 8th SRC week celebration for no other important reason, "you have done yourself". I mean you, you have lost. As the MC said "we paid for it" This particular program was intellectually stimulating. Thank you SRC.
........................................................................................
06/02/17
#SFC_International

No comments:

Post a Comment