Sunday 5 February 2017

My Thoughts On The SRC Week Celebration


  Without equivocation, the program line up looks very comprehensive. It is actually what an SRC celebration should be about: both educative and very entertaining, a blend of culture and our traditions, a dose of philanthropy, sporting activities and a climax with thanksgiving (the God factor). Almost all aspects of students life has been factored into the program line up. Whether Muslim, Christian or A Traditionalist, no one has been left out. I'm particularly happy about the fact that some of the events will be hosted by The Faculty of Education. This makes this particular SRC week celebration unique. I must say kudos in advance to the SRC and all those involved in the organization of the SRC week celebration. The program line up looks good on paper but as to whether things will be done well on the D-days, is another issue for my pen.

  On the other hand, it is very disappointing to realize that some students will not be able to to enjoy this wonderful program line up. Two days for a week long celebration? Kaman how? I don't know how things are done at the top but this certainly does not make sense to me: be at lectures while programs organized for you are going waste. It beats my imagination. Going forward, something has to be done about this particular issue. Abaaa!! So much pressure in the lecture room, we shouldn't even relax?
Huh!!

  Another issue worth mentioning: the artistes on the bill. I wonder the consultations the SRC did before arriving on those artistes. How can you put two rappers on a bill? When was the last time Yaa Pono produced  a hit track? After singing to his Amen ooo Amen, what else? Now to Maccasio, after dancing to his 69 fans and Koomi Naachiki, what else. How can you bring such a pair to entertain us? Is it a rap battle? The most annoying part is that it is even a day program. I hate day programs (I'm nocturnal, lol). I'm not an entertainment expert but I wouldn't put up such a program. It is as if the SRC has sworn an oath to always disappoint us. Nnabi SRC, so far, so bad!!! I just hope the budget for this week celebration is not the inflated and ballooned type!!

Thank You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment