Monday 6 February 2017

RE; MY THOUGHTS ON THE SRC WEEK CELEBRATION


   I aired my views and concerns on the SRC week celebration. Apparently I didn't have all the facts. I met a senior member as I was about to  step into the ICT auditorium for the launch of the week long celebration. Indeed, he had read my earlier publication and took the initiative to explain certain things to me. He wanted to address the concern I raised about the week celebration going on while lectures are also going on. He stated clearly that during the administration of Former SRC president Raphael (2014/15 academic year), a whole week was declared lecture free for the SRC week  celebrations.
      As expected, the biggest problem in UDS prevailed. Apathy was the order of the day. Even without lectures, students didn't show up for programs. It became a vacation for others, they quickly packed their things and went home. He explained. So even with no other engagement, there was a wanton display of lack of interest in the SRC week celebration.  So building on that premise, it is logically not sound  to give another lecture free week for an SRC week celebration because history has the tendency of repeating it self.  In a nutshell, It is our own attitudes that has brought as here. Until we realise that the GPA has limits, this our attitudes might never change. You have to decide and be committed to programs that will help in your overall development. I believe that there's more to life in the University than the lecture room. I have made up my mind to attend all the important seminars organized. So should you.

   I work with information at my disposal. If I had this info earlier on, the concerns I raised in my earlier write up would have been different.
Dr SEIDU FITER, I'm grateful for your input.
....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment