Monday 20 February 2017

Let's go Back

Lagfu Writes
Let's go Back

My Generation
We all about the money
We all about the club
And the club beer
Our purpose of life has become vague
We sit and while away the most precious commodity, Time
My heart aches, my heart burns and stomach burns
When I see the lawlessness
The disrespect and the insanity
I shudder to think, are we really the future?
Full of rich thieves and corrupt leaders
Our degrees becomes dread locks
Our dreams, dreaded In locks
Fathers are worshiping daughters
Mothers worshipping sons
The poor are ridiculed and deemed outcast
My heart aches for my Generation

Get drunk and get fucked
The youth are getting wasted
Truth has been murdered in broad day light
We hail the wrongs and are silent on the right
Dishonesty has become abundant like the blue skies
Hard work pays no more
Thievery and deceit takes the honors
My heart aches for my Generation

Where lies the solution?
Sankofa ; let's go back
Let's go back to the ancient words of the wise
Let's learn from the lessons of Nelson Mandela
Let's go back to the ancient words of our forefathers
Let's drink from the wisdom of Mahatma Gandhi
Let's go back to the 1957 speech of Nkrumah
He said: "We must change our attitudes and our minds"
Let's go back to the ancient words of the Holy Books
There lies the solutions
I hope there's hope for my generation
Let's go back; sankofa

No comments:

Post a Comment